The main goal of the project Outward Bound Entrepreneur-Ship was to stimulate young people’s spirit of initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship, employability with outdoor educational methods and activities while building lasting relationships with youth in China (Hong Kong).
The objectives of the projects were the following: to share good practices among the partnering Outward Bound organizations from Programme countries and from other Partner countries, to exchange experience and to learn new methods and skills from each other in order to develop professional skill of Outward Bound instructors working with youth in the field of entrepreneurial development, to develop new water based programs, creativity and entrepreneurship.
We reached the objectives of the project through the following activities:
1. Water-based Training of trainers in Outdoor Leadership (03-12 November, 2012, Location: Hong Kong, Outward Bound Hong Kong, Number of participants: 32).
2. Local projects in each participant country about development of creativity and entrepreneurship having participants with reduced possibilities benefiting from the new skills and methods of youth workers who participated in the 1st training.
Venues: Hong Kong-China, Romania, Ecuador, Germany, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Croatia, Brasil, Hungary
Period: January- September, 2013.
3. Youth exchange with the theme of creativity and entrepreneurship – water based course. 35 participants+ 6 experts and support staff from Romania and Hungary. In the activity helped the youth workers who attended the training in Hong Kong too (20-30 July, 2013, Location: Danube Delta, Romania).
We involved about 360 people in our project and about 50% of the participants of the project were young people with reduced possibilities.
Outputs of the project:
All participants, both youth workers and youth participants gained knowledge and developed their attitude referredinitiative, creativity and entrepreneurship, 29 of the youth workers got trained in water based outdoor activities.Participants completed a CPR/AED session and passed a stated water confidence test, they demonstratedsituational awareness, initiative and leadership during Instructor Judgement Training exercises. Participantsdemonstrated an ability for whole group management as a designated leader for a half-day sailing expedition.
Participants effectively engaged in the community service projects that addresses the issue of poverty andmarginalisation, they organized local programs incorporating the theme of entreprenurship and creativity or water-based programs for about 240 disadvantaged youth.
A new water based programme type was created, and piloted in Romania which enables us to organize more water based Outward Bound character develpment courses.
We developed some course material about canoeing and made a learning journal which was dissemniated for the participants and the partner organizations too.
A network was created which can communicate on a Facebook group.
PARTNERS of the program were:
– THE OUTWARD BOUND TRUST OF HONG KONG LIMITED, HK
– HRVATSKA SKOLA OUTWARD BOUND OUTWARD BOUND CROATIA, HR
– FOUNDATION “EDUCATION THROUGH EXPERIENCE” OUTWARD BOUND – BULGARIA, BG
– ÉLMÉNYAKADÉMIA KÖZHASZNÚ EGYESÜLET, HU
– OUTWARD BOUND DEUTSCHLAND E.V, DE
– OUTWARD BOUND SLOVAKIA – STÚDIO ZÁZITKU, SK
– OUTWARD BOUND ECUADOR, EC
– OUTWARD BOUND BRASIL, BR
PROJECT DURATION: 12 months (September 2012 – August 2013)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. The informations above reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained herein.