CO-FOUNDED BY THE ERASMUS+ PROGRAM OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
The objective is to develop 7 young people on personal and professional level in an international environment, during the two times 12 months stages offering them possibility to gather theoretical and practical knowledge in different professions with the purpose to become active citizens in their own country and a better work force on the labor market.
Period of the project: April 2018-March 2020
-first stage: October 2018-September 2019
-second stage: March 2019-March 2020
Partner countries: Hungary, Germany, Republic of Moldova
-aged between 20-30 years
– good English language skills (written and spoken)
– has good physical condition, are fit and healthy
– are highly motivated to participate in this project and are committed to live 12 months in a foreign country
– are interested in learning and getting practical experience in the field of outdoor education, youth work and any other topics related to the functioning of the NGO/youth center (or have already experience)
– are open to physically and mentally challenging activities, adventures
– are open minded, love to work with people, and children
Tasks of the volunteers:
-To assist at our training courses (to work with children and youth groups)
-To know, then to support the work of our employees (project management, accounting, program/staff coordinating, PR, youth center management, cooking, cleaning, management of the equipment, acquisition, logistics)
– To support our staff in organization of different events
– Participation at the general week starting staff meeting
– Interactive presentation in schools about the volunteering in the frame of Erasmus
With this project we would like to face the unemployment among the young people by developing them on personal and professional level. At the end of the project the youngsters will become active citizens in their own country and a better work force on the labor market. Because their self – confidence will grow and they become more strong-minded, they will find a proper job more easily.
The volunteers will do their service mainly in Sovata where we organize most of our programs and where we run our International Youth Center and we organize outdoor programs all around the year.
The volunteers will know better a lot of different jobs by observing, learning the essential and practicing these jobs with the help of our staff.
The volunteers will go through an intensive self-development process being with our organization. They will gain many skills -soft skills in working with groups of children, youngsters and adults, like: facilitation and debriefing competences, about group dynamics, planning, delivering and evaluating a program. They will learn a lot technical skills, like ropes course activities, kayaking, canoeing, making fire, building bivaque, orienteering, nature awareness, hiking, rock climbing, first aid and a lot more.
They will take initiatives more easily, and they will be more aware of their learning.
The EVS will help the volunteers to improve their English language competences, to improve communication skills, to become more flexible, raise their awareness about other cultures and nations.